Friday, January 13, 2012

Ideas for my ceramic project.


     I want to continue learning how to throw on the wheel but I have been giving some thought to the conceptual side of my ceramics pieces.
     I did a drawing series over the summer about time. I was reading about Kant and Einstein's theories of time. The drawing series was about three different theories of time. Time as perceptual, time as universal and time as relative to speed.
     The moment that I was thinking about was the moment before death. Twice in my life I experienced believing that I was going to die. Once slowly, due to an illness and once quickly, in a car accident. That moment has always intrigued me but not in the cheesy "life flashes before your eyes" way because that doesn't happen.
     The way that I want to make this work together is to sculpt liquid pouring out of the cups that I throw which is why I shot this photo as a reference. Also I want to break some of these glasses and suspend them in lucite.
     Brian showed me the work of German photographer Martin Klimas. I would like to suspend the broken pottery in the way that it began to break in and not just put it back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment