Sunday, October 28, 2012

Train Kiln Preparations and Silverfish.

I've been painting these silverfish. I decided to paint these silverfish while thinking about site specificity. I have about 15 more to make before I'm finished. They will be crawling up the pillars at the Mammoth where we are having a BFA off campus show in December. The interesting thing about silverfish is that they shed their exoskeletons several times throughout their lives. When they shed this skin it can ruin clothes and clothing. They are gross little things. I want to sculpt a silverfish and then cover it with tinted glue and peel it off to leave in a pile at the base of the pillar on the floor.

Today we split wood in preparation for our firing this weekend. We are ready for firing after splitting the wood and repairing the kiln.

This is about half of the wood that we split today.


Today was my first time using a wood splitter. It was much better than using an axe.
At the end of the day I was ready for my pajamas, slippers and some hot tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment