Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Newest Painting Installation of Horacio Quiroga's Stories

One thing that I have learned this week is that I should do more planning. 

Lesson #1- When you buy an old wagon on CraigsList, ask how big it is. I drug a friend out to the middle of nowhere to spend two hours  disassembling it with me to realize it still wouldn't fit in my van.  Now I get to drag my professor and his saw out there to retrieve the remains. 






Of all things, I needed a yoke for a horse. For some strange reason my professor just happened to be getting rid of one! 


Lesson #2- If you want to build a boat, do some research. After building this lopsided frame, I realized the luan plywood could not even bend that much. I destroyed it trying to put it together and loaded it up to throw it away, which led to the following...



Lesson #3- Check and see if the elevator you are using is working. This was me after the 10 minutes of cussing, kicking and being trapped in the corner of the elevator. The motion sensor on the elevator door was not functioning...at all.


I need to take a photo of this installation when it isn't terribly backlit but for now he is a sneak peek at what is going on. I have been combining a few moments from stories by Horacio Quiroga so that I can illustrate them as I imagine with found objects and paintings.


A man dragging a turtle into his house with intentions of eating it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment