Monday, April 23, 2012

Glaze Fest- Spring 2012

I mixed up a batch of my glaze, Miri's Metallic Magic and also did a few more tests with it. 

      I glazed a few bowls in my gun metal silver glaze and dipped their rims in a couple of other glazes to see how it might react with other colors.
     I also mixed up my silver glaze and added colorants to three different cups for testing. I tried out Rutile, Alumina and Copper Carbonate to a third. It will be like Christmas when I crack open the kiln to see the results!
The first bucket of my glaze.

I thought that lidded vessels had gotten the best of me but I tried again. I like this pot a lot better than my previous attempts. I still need to practice at making my lids fit better and getting the lids lighter. I have been experimenting with throwing my lids on a hump and trimming the knob out of it.
     Yay for a new job at a framing store! It made for a tough weekend while I worked both jobs until my two weeks notice is up. It is also the reason I put in twelve hours at the studio today.
     I am excited that I finished a lot of experiments today. My painting project is coming together and I plan to take some photos of it tomorrow to post on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment