Sunday, September 30, 2012

    5 Weeks of classes finished!

     This week I have been working on making forms for my balancing/time project. In order for this to be successful, I think that I will need to make nearly 100 different forms throughout the semester. I have about 30 made now and I am going back into the studio for quite awhile today and tomorrow.   
    
I used this image for a little motivation.
   
 There are a few decisions that I have been trying to make...

 If I am going to be filming the process of stacking these and displaying both the film and the remnants of the crashed pieces, will I need to do the filming in the place that they will be displayed?
These are the flat forms that I made today so that multiple pieces can stack on the same level using counter balance.

 I've also been trying to decide on the glaze techniques that I will use for this project. I know that I would like for there to be a lot of variation from piece to piece. I still haven't decided what colors that I would like to use or if I would prefer to have bright colors and fire them in the electric kilns.


     I have nearly finished the first installation of the semester. There are a few bugs to work out with it. I don't like the fishing line I used to hold some things up. I'm going to think of other ways to support the sheet and hold the feathers in the air. I would rather show the material that I use to hold them there than to use the fishing line because I think it is distracting.
   
      I also need to adhere the wallpaper to a piece of foam so that it will get rid of the seams and ripples. It is just temporarily tacked to the wall right now. I think the background may also start to come out from the wall instead of remaining flat. That way the fake walls will also stand out from the walls. I haven't made a complete decision on that yet.

     I am getting worried that this is starting to look gimmicky. I am trying to make sure that it doesn't get overly acceptable. I don't want to create a bunch of "Family Fun" type of art. I think that lighting will play a big part in that. 




This week has been full of questions but I have made a lot of progress. I'm going to continue to explore.     

No comments:

Post a Comment