Monday, February 6, 2012

Eggs and Bowls

 I've been working on my bowls all week as well. I have about 11 made with foot rings and a couple more that are drying. My main issue has been with the bottom of bowl where it curves in to meet the foot ring. Most of my bowls are a little thicker than I would like in this spot. I think I need to spend more time in the planning process before I start to trim the bowls at the end.
 I have 15 eggs made so far. I'm hoping to get a few dozen made. I would like to have about a dozen in the bowl, with a dozen spilling and a dozen or so broken on the floor. I was really worried after a failed mold, and two completely useless sets of broken eggs. Once I got the timing down the eggs started looking much better. I have gotten much faster now that I have figured out a technique so I hope that the next 2 dozen are even easier and faster to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment