Monday, February 27, 2012

Intentional and Accidental Accidents


      These are two of the little vessels I made to depict frozen moments. I chose liquid spilling out of cups and pitchers because they are common or mundane accidents that happen all the time. I like the irony of using small unimportant accidents, that are a minor irritation, to convey my ideas of what our minds go through in major tradgedies or accidents.
 I finally ordered my casting resin to encase my broken pottery. First, it is time to experiment with it. I am excited.


      Here are all of my glazed pieces that just came out of the kiln. I've brought them home to take some photos of them before they are pulverized on Wednesday. Above are two of my mugs chosen for demolition. I want to make this harder on myself by chosing my favorite pieces. It is too easy to let go of the ugly ones and no turning back now.

No comments:

Post a Comment