Monday, February 13, 2012

It's Time for Glaze and Assemblage!



     Splashing cup number one is on its way! I hope to get a little thinner and more realistic rather than stylized with the splashes as I continue to practice. I am happy with this one as a beginner piece.
     I want to make three cups all the same size that will eventually simulate the stages of an accident taking place. This cup above is a practice for phase one. Now that I realize that I can work more thinly than this I'm excited to throw a few cups over the next couple of days and give it a go.
     I walked back into the kiln room today and realized how many cups and bowls I have huddled on the shelves. I believe it is time for some glaze! Which means it is time for a cup and bowl demolition. I may make a small party of it if anyone is interested in attending the event.
     I've been trying to think of some disturbing/ uneasy music for the background of my smashing video. The first thing that came to mind is Carmina Burana. I played it with my middle school marching band (we were cool) and it did nothing for calming my nerves while being in front of a crowd even though I was part of the music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment